This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
We (*) take the privacy of your health information seriously. We are required by law to maintain that privacy and to provide you with this Notice of Privacy Practices. This Notice is provided to tell you about our duties and practices.
How we may use and disclose your health information.
The following describe different ways that we use and disclose your health information without you authorization. Not every use of disclosure in a category will be listed. However, all the ways we are permitted to use and disclose information will fall within one of the categories.
- *As required by law. We will disclose your health information when we are required to do so by federal, state or local law; i.e.: in response to a valid subpoena.
- *Regular Healthcare Operations. For example members of the medical staff may use information in your health record to asses the care you received and outcomes of your care.
- *Payment. We may use and disclose your health information to bill and collect for the treatment and services we provide to you. We may send your health information to an insurance company or other third party for payment purposes i.e.: the information on the bill may include information that identifies you as well as your diagnosis, procedure and supplies used.
- *Treatment . We may use health information about you to provide you with treatment, health care or other related services. We may disclose your health information with doctors, nurses, aids, technicians or other staff members of our clinic. Additionally we may disclose and use your health information to coordinate your treatment .For example, information obtained by a healthcare provider or staff member will be recorded in your record and used to determine the best course of treatment. Your records may be disclosed to us in order to coordinate your treatment.
*For Public Health purposes:
-preventing or controlling disease, injury or disability
-reporting birth and deaths;
-reporting defective medical devices or problems with medications
-notifying people of recalls of products they may be using
-notifying a person who may have been exposed to a disease or may be at risk for contracting or spreading a disease or condition.
Other uses and disclosures of health information not covered by this notice or the laws that apply to us will be made only with your written authorization. If you provide us authorization to use or disclose your health information, you may revoke that authorization, in writing, at any time. If you revoke your authorization, we will no longer use or disclose health information about you for the reasons covered by your written authorization. You understand that we are unable to take back any disclosures we have already made under the authorization, and that we are required to retain our records of the care that we provided to you.
Your Health Information rights
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information. We are not required to agree to your request, If we do agree; we will comply with your request unless the information is needed to provide you emergency treatment.
- Obtain a paper copy of the notice of information practices upon request.
- Inspect a copy of your health records
- Amend your health records as provided in 45 CFR 164.528.
- Obtain a list of disclosures of your health information.
- Request communication of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations.
- Revoke you authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that action has already been taken.
- Maintain the privacy of your health information.
- Provide you with a notice as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information we collect and maintain about you.
- Abide by the terms of this notice
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction.
- Accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate health information by alternative means or at alternative locations
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice and to make the revised notice effective for health information we already have about you as well as any information we receive in the future.
We will post a copy of the current Privacy Notice in a clear location to which you have access. The notice will be available upon request.
For more information or to file a complaint contact our Privacy Officer at 586.774.4190 or mail your letter to:
Eastland Women’s Clinic
15921 E 8 Mile Rd.
Eastpointe, MI 48021-2993